Social media is a powerful tool that can make or break a brand. Instagram stories, YouTube videos and Facebook have taken brand connection to the next level, allowing consumers to feel a part of the pages they follow, if they like you, they often want to show it by supporting you in any way they can. If you think its ok to neglect your social media marketing strategy, think again.
Five simple steps you can take to get the most out of your social media accounts:
- Post Regularly…. but not too regularly, 1 post a day, 5 days a week is a good place to start and those 5 days are in no way restricted to Monday – Friday. Ideal posting times are between 7am and 11am and between 7pm and 10pm, it’s also important to note that in general people check their accounts most frequently on the weekend.
- Build an identifiable brand voice. Unique hashtags are always a winner. Speak your mind, or your brands mind if you will. Be consistent and clear giving your brand a personality people can come to expect and look forward to is always great. Netflix is a fantastic example of this, the person who controls their Instagram account comes off as a 15-year-old fan girl, directly appealing to their audience, those who are active on Instagram anyway.
- Stick to the right platforms for your business, you are in no way obliged to hit them all. For instance, in America twitter is essential, in Australia not so much. However if your business is one that relies on starting conversations it’s perfect. It is also important to consider your target demographic, chances are that if they are over 35, they are not on snap chat or YouTube, if under than those platforms may be essential to you. Instagram on the other hand has become that neutral territory, a place for all, and as such it is a force that cannot be ignored. The same can be said about Facebook…to a lesser extent as studies show a serious decline in active users on the platform that started it all. Find a platform that boosts your profile and establishes a strong connection between your brand and your desired audience.
- Separate business from personal, only when there is an identifiable gap between the two. Influencers are their brand, posting about themselves is their bread and butter however, if you are not an influencer and your company sells specific products and services it’s not wise to throw in a Sunday selfie in between perfectly positioned pictures of your business’s product offerings.
- Visually appealing content that doesn’t look overly curated (if possible) is ideal. Picture editing apps are great but remember authenticity is key, overly retouched images are out of the question. They are a great way of insuring consistent, polished, coherent and professional content that otherwise would not look that great side by side.
At Fresco Creative we offer social strategies to suit all budgets and services, so if you are unsure about how to approach splashing your brand across social media, give us all call on (02) 8116 9033 and let’s discuss.
Related Tag: Social Media Marketing In Sydney.